Route & Fares
The return trip up and down the river, guided by a boatman or woman, takes about 90 minutes. At the turnaround point, about 20 minutes is allowed for walking a little further into the gorge, and throwing “undama” to make a wish. On the return journey, you can enjoy the boatman or woman singing “Geibi Oiwake”.
A giant cliff 124 meters high, located at the furthest part of Geibi Gorge.
There are 10 undama: destiny, longevity, fortune, connections, wishes, romance, love, bonds, income, and assets. You can buy five for 100 yen.
It’s said you’ll get good luck if the undama you throw goes in the hole.
Sofu-gan Rock & Shofu-gan Rock
These giant rocks face each other from opposite sides of the Satetsu River, resembling a married couple.
Shishigahana (Lion's Snout)
This strangely-shaped rock looks like a lion's snout, and is the source of Geibikei Gorge's name.
|General public||Groups of 15 or more||Groups of 100 or more|
|Adults||1,600 yen||1,440 yen||1,280 yen|
|Elementary school-age children||860 yen||770 yen||680 yen|
|Small children (3 years and older)||200 yen||200 yen||200 yen|
* Includes consumption tax
- No discount applies for mixed groups of adults, elementary school children and small children.
- Reservations required for groups of 15 or more.
- Departures may be increased depending on the number of people.
- Boats may be operated for groups as required.
- Kotatsu boats operate from December to February.
- Reservations are not required for “kotatsu” boats, but are required for orders of hotpot dishes.
- Boats are barrier-free and can accommodate passengers using wheelchairs.
- Pets (dogs, cats) on leases may ride for 200 yen. Pets are not permitted when the boat is covered with a plastic roof.
Boats operate 365 days a year.
* Service may be suspended due to weather conditions.
* During busy periods, extra tours may be added as needed
|March 21-31||April 1-August 31||September 1-November 10||November 11-20||November 21-March 20|
Inquiries & Reservations
Geibi Tourism Center (Reservation Center)
467 machi,Nagasaka,Higashiyama-cho,Ichinoseki-shi,Iwate 029-0302,Japan
TEL +81-191-47-2341 FAX +81-191-47-3288